Sunday 27 December 2015


Thirty Five

How has that happened? I'm not complaining, just shocked. I realise that age, in any form is a gift. I know of plenty that haven't reached 35, but I'm still not 100% sure how it occurred. I was 13 and teary, 16 and opinionated, 21 and anxious, 24 and engaged and now I'm 35..... I feel a little "ambushed".

So here I am, writing my first blog post to anyone that will read it, this morning I found a second white hair, staring back at me in the mirror, showing up like a glinting star against my dark hair, or like a bit of grit on a freshly vacuumed floor, a sign that I'm definitely in my mid thirties. I thought by now I would have it all sorted, I'd have the children and career, maybe an office (not sure what for) and I'd feel super organised. I'm not organised and certainly not sorted.

Although I may feel ambushed and unorganised its not a bad life. I live in a former railway cottage in Wales,
which I renovated with A, the husband of 8 years, we share it with one grumbly dog
and two far more grumbly cats. I'm self employed and therefore responsible for my own "feast and famine" bank account. Playing about with antiques and handmade goodies that get spat out of the "Craftorium" whenever the creativity feeling kicks in with me.

So, if you're curious, join me, I'll recount to you the lure of this life. The lure of this lovely life, filled with the home spun and antique, handmade and vintage. The cooking and renovating, wildlife and pets, sewing and jewellery making. I can't promise not to be occasionally boring, but also
 hopefully, possibly, amusing. At times I may tell you about the sad or the painfully truthful, but most of all I promise to be me. No spin. Cant say fairer than that for 35 and ambushed now can I? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment